Would you like to design and lead cutting-edge research using artificial intelligence to improve medical care? Would you like to work at a top-5 public university with a team of world-class, well-funded medical researchers who are committed to revolutionizing critical care medicine?
At the University of Florida’s Intelligent Critical Care Center (IC3), we’re looking for a motivated Deep Learning Researcher (Postdoctoral Associate) with extensive experience in data science and deep learning (DL) as well as proficiency with one of the following: PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras. As our Deep Learning Researcher, you’ll lead, develop, and publish research applying data-driven methods for answering clinical questions and improving patient care.
At IC3, you’ll be dealing with healthcare data from a variety of sources, including unstructured electronic health records (EHR) that contain clinical text notes, social determinants of health (SDOH), and physiologic time series data. Your role will include
- data standardization, harmonization, optimization, and integration;
- annotation and adjudication of EHR datasets for clinical outcomes;
- development of processes for capturing high-frequency clinical data;
- enhancement of the functionality of real-time intelligent platform with continuous data streaming and federated learning for model sharing;
- development and validation of machine learning (ML) and DL algorithms and AI tools;
- implementation of interpretable and explainable models;
- implementation and evaluation of federated algorithms in multi-center datasets; and
- preparation of progress reports, manuscripts, and grants.
IC3 focuses on innovative medical AI research, education, and clinical applications that can transform the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of critically ill patients. We are idealists, problem solvers, and explorers of digital health and AI.
- PhD degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, statistics, or related field
- Extensive experience with ML, DL, text mining, and data science
- Proficiency in Python as well as one of the following: PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras
- Successful track record of innovative research and publication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit your CV and three letters of recommendation to Natalie Wasykowski here.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at https://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits with a collegial and family friendly working environment. Women and minority applicants are encouraged to apply. This position is available immediately. Support is available for at least 2 years and can be extended based on candidate performance and availability of funds.